SENIOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR | IT COORDINATOR | PROJECT MANAGER | MICROELECTRONICS ENGINEER
SOFTWARE/RDBMS DEVELOPMENT | ENTERPRISE-WIDE IMPLEMENTATIONS | DATA CENTER PLANNER
System Administrator Engineer with over 15 years of hands on IT experience in design, development, implementation, testing, change management, and support within government, education, health, non-profit and business settings. Develop and configure software, architect systems, and execute large-scale projects. I Take initiative and is recognized for excellent interpersonal communication skills and seamless interaction with diverse team members.
|IT Roadmap & Strategy Corporate Security Practices Maintenance & Upgrades Electrical Systems||Hardware Peripherals Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Bench marking & Best Practices Firewalls | Gateways | Switches||Customer & Staff Training Capacity Planning Technology Integration Surveillance Systems IP Telephony|
RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
IT Specialist and Risks assessment | CANADEM| Ukraine, Kyiv January – August 2019
Hired as a Contractor for Ukraine Presidential and Parliamentary Elections
Overview: CANADEM Election Observation Mission. CANADEM has participated in over 130 missions in more than 40 countries, playing a crucial role in strengthening the democratic process globally. It has mobilized nearly 2000 election observers to Ukraine for 11 elections since 2004.
Key Responsibilities & Ongoing Contributions:
- Design and implement medium sized network for medium sized office (50-80 workers).
- Implement WI-FI, VPN, provide setup and support, site-to-site connections, and IPsec, for branch offices.
- Configure gateways, routers, firewall, IP telephones, cloud PBX.
- Conduct workstation/server hardware repair, maintenance, support, upgrades and software patches.
- Install Windows and other various software for office needs.
- Manage Google Corporate account for CANADEM domain, web servers, Sage50, SFTP.
- Implement IP telephony (Voice over IP, VoIP).
- Implement secure RDP connection for accounting.
- Supply and maintain over 65 Laptops, 160 smartphones, over 55 tablets and office equipment such as printers, multi-functional copier (MFC), scanners and access of control by RFID card.
IT Engineer| Trimel Investment Corporation | Barbados, West Indies 2015– November 2018
Founded by Eugene Melnyk, Trimel Corporation (TSX: TRL) owns several international and Canadian businesses, including pharmaceuticals, bars, real estate, cosmetics, technology enterprises, Canadian sports franchises, and philanthropy.
Overview: Hired to detect and defend against network penetration and to oversee day-to-day operational tasks for 150 plus workstations and over 7 Enterprise servers. Performed software patching and version updates, repairs, and troubleshooting hardware issues. Monitored computer network security activity, configured firewalls, gateways, virtual private networks, and DNS servers. Managed computer network as well as website design and implementation.
- Created and joined and implemented two physically separate school networks at Providence School.
- Redesigned all the server infrastructure and implemented new group policies to span the new single domain.
- Oversaw the migration of the 150+ desktop and laptop machines from two previous domains to one new domain.
- Set up and maintained video surveillance and alarm system and expanded the network reach at all locations.
- Planned and executed various electrical system upgrades on numerous company properties.
- Orchestrated installation and configuration of IP telephony systems to join remote offices into one telephone network.
- Maintained and implemented new IT solutions for company’s Toronto branch.
- Created various websites and 360 virtual tours for various companies.
- Maintained and Implemented new IP surveillance system and access control system for Providence school and the company.
Key Responsibilities & Contributions:
- Designed and implemented medium and large networks, subnet infrastructures and virtualization (VLANS).
- Implemented VPN on IPsec and L2TP, provided setup and support, site-to-site connections, and IPsec, for Providence school and branch offices that Eugene Melnyk owns.
- Conducted workstation and server hardware repair, maintenance, support, upgrades, and relocation services.
- Managed Active Directories (AD), DNS, Web Servers, file servers, IIS servers, QuickBooks, SFTP, Messaging, and Exchange server (2013/16), IP PBX, IP Surveillance.
- Carried out the installation and pathing of various software.
- Implemented 2k IP surveillance system for Bert’s Bar, with remote control to it. Maintained workstations and Active Directory server.
Chief Technology Officer | Technical Director | International Charitable Foundation | Kyiv, Ukraine 2012 – 2015
The International Charitable Foundation Founded by Ruslana Wrzesnewskyj. It is an independent, non-profit, non-political charitable organization, founded in Kyiv in 2001. The Foundation focus involves in one major area – Is to improve the lives of orphans in Ukraine.
Overview: Appointed to manage data security, network management. Carried out computing network administrator, web designer and web developer functions. Maintained Windows based web server and oversaw maintenance of office equipment and provided end user support.
Key Responsibilities & Contributions:
- Installed, configured, repaired, and upgraded computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Set up new workstations, new user accounts, and profiles.
Senior Manager | Vesuvio Pizza Ukrainian-Canadian Joint Venture | Kyiv, Ukraine 2007 – 2012
Vesuvio Pizza was started by a Canadian entrepreneur in Ukraine; the first to make fresh pizzas for Kyivans to savour.
Overview: Created website, virtual tours and panoramas for the restaurants. Managed all IT aspects of the company.
Upgraded intranet infrastructure, maintained analog and IP PBX, maintained WI FI network for the restaurant.
Key Responsibilities & Contributions:
- Oversaw data security and installed numerous office software and operating systems.
IT Engineer | Trimel Investment Corporation | Barbados, West Indies 2015 – 2018
Chief Technology Officer | International Charitable Fund | Kyiv, Ukraine 2012 – 2015
Elections IT Director | Parliament | CANADEM Presidential Campaign| Kyiv, Ukraine |Short term contract 2010 – 2012
IT Consultant| Ukrainian-Canadian Congress | Kyiv, Ukraine | Short term contract 2010 – 2012
Microelectronics Engineer & Analyst | SL Graphics Ltd.| Dnipro, Ukraine 2007 – 2012
IT Technician | Government of Ukraine | Kyiv, Ukraine 2002 – 2006
Internet & Network Administrator – Data Encryption | Military, Government of Ukraine | Kyiv, Ukraine 2000 – 2002
Diploma, Telecommunications Technologist | Dnipropetrovsk Radio Instrument-Making College | Dnipro, Ukraine
|Network||WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, FTP, SFTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP (POP3), IMAP. Wi-Fi, VPN, PPTP, L2TP, Open VPN, IPsec, ADSL, VoIP, SIP, PoE, DDNS.|
|Server Applications||Windows 7,8,10, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Vista, Linux Mint, including Debain, Slax, Ubuntu, Mac OS(x), My SQL, Apache, PHP, SQL Server, HYPER-V, Quick Books.|
|Security||ESET, MS-Essential, SSL, IDS, IPS, anti-spyware, certificate configuration, firewalls, data protection, backup/recovery, and encryption. Video surveillance, alarm and access control systems, remote monitoring and control, WatchGuard, Forti Gate, Firebox and OPNSense.|
|Platforms||Windows 2008/2016 Standard/Enterprise/Data Center Server, Windows 7/9x/XP, Linux (Mint, Ubuntu)|
|Software Applications||Windows 2008/2012 Standard/Enterprise/Data Center Server, Windows 7/9x/XP, Linux (Red Hat).|
|Hardware||Desktops, Enterprise Servers, IBM, Dell, HP xSeries Servers, Routers, Switches, Vonage VoIP, YeaStar PBX, Mitel PBX, Digital Cameras, laptops, desktops peripherals|
|Web Technologies||Linksys, TP-Link, D-Link, Asus, NetGear, Zyxel and Cisco routers and switches.Optical fiber, Apple, Acer, Asus, Brother, Canon, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Lexmark, MSI, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Xerox|
Fluent in English, Russian and Ukrainian
Reference letters are available upon request